If you reside in the United States of America, Canada, Central America or South America, then the personal information provided to or collected by the Service is controlled by Accuity Inc. If you reside outside of this region, then the personal information is controlled by Reed Business Information Limited.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Service, Accuity collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically from your use.
Information You Input
The types of personal information that the Service collects directly from you depends on how you interact with the Service and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Job details and other professional background information;
- Information you provide us to process payment transaction like your credit or debit card numbers, expiry date and billing or delivery address
- Comments, feedback and other information that you submit to the Service; and
- Interests and communications preferences.
Information collected automatically
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
Cookies or similar technologies
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, store preferences as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We use your personal information to:
- Provide and maintain the Service;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Enable you to personalise the Service and to select content you want to access or to share with a third party;
- Process authorised payments for Services.
- Notify you about changes or updates to the Service and other products and services, including those belonging to related third parties;
- Provide you special offers and other information about the Service and related events, products and services and to invite you to participate in surveys, competitions and promotions, as determined by your choices and communications preferences;
- Evaluate and improve the Service and other products and services and to develop new products or services;
- Identify and analyse usage trends and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Provide technical, product and other Service support and help keep the Service working, safe and secure; and
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within RELX Group Risk & Business Analytics (for a list, visit http://www.reedbusiness.com/about-us/locations) and other RELX Group companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including customer support, email and IT service providers
- We also may share your personal information with our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices and communications preferences.
- We also may disclose your personal information:
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others; and
- if Accuity, the Service or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
DETAILS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
The Service may allow registered users to directly access their account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user.
You may also request access to other personal information about you that you have provided to us through the Service and have any inaccuracies corrected by contacting us, subject to applicable law. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfil your request in accordance with our policies but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Access to personal information about you that we may gather from public records and other sources and hold on our databases is subject to applicable laws and our certain product specific internal policies and procedures.
Accuity is committed to ensuring that your information is secure and protected. We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures intended to safeguard your personal information.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target the Service to children under 13.
YOUR COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
You can manage your communications preferences when you register with the Service, by updating your account preferences, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
Accuity Inc. and certain other U.S. entities within the RELX Group have certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Please view these entities’ Privacy Shield Notice here. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view these entities’ certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Accuity Inc. also continues to adhere to the privacy principles of the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Accuity’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx .
Last Updated: 26 April 2017