Webinar: Trade Compliance and the Italian Financial Sector: how technology can help overcome operational challenges
This webinar will be held in Italian and is produced in collaboration with the association, Credimpex.
TBML (Trade Based Money Laundering) is still a relatively new threat in the fight against financial crime – and continues to prove very difficult to detect and prevent.
The difficulty in prevention comes from the confusing web of parties and jurisdictions involved with any international trade. This is why regulators have started to expand the onus on compliance to all those involved – not just the shippers, but the financial institution funding the trade too.
This webinar will feature Marco Padovan, founder of Studio Legale Padovan, and expert in international sanctions and export control. The webinar will explore the current and future landscapes of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing in Italy, with a specific focus on:
- The impact of specific sanctions frameworks (UN, US, EU and UK) on trade finance in Italy
- New and upcoming sanctions initiatives and how they may impact Italy
- De-risking: can sanctions really stop trade?
- The challenges faced in achieving trade compliance on a day-to-day basis
- Factors to consider to achieve a robust and auditable processes