- This event has passed.
Financial Crime Compliance Forum Malta 2018 – Raising the Bar for Compliance in Malta
Accuity is proud to be hosting the Financial Crime Compliance Forum on the 15th March 2018, at the beautiful Westin Dragonara Resort. With continual changes in the standards and legislation of compliance for international and domestic landscapes, it is more important than ever to ensure you are up to date with practices.
This forum will address the impact of legislative changes within financial compliance, the current challenges in correspondent banking relationships and a need for collaboration amongst organisations to ensure compliance processes meet regulations. Whilst discussing the issues faced in compliance, this forum will offer key takeaways to manage these issues.
- Legislative Measures – understanding the international and domestic changes to legislation that affect compliance.
- Collaboration- identifying how organisations can work together to achieve effective compliance processes.
- International Compliance- learning how the international landscape affects compliance practices.
- Correspondent Banking Relationships- addressing the decline in correspondent banking relationships and how to send the right message to foreign counterparts.
Enjoy a delicious complimentary breakfast followed by an exhilarating day of learning innovating and gaining new insights from other experts in this field. With a combination of panel discussions, presentations and networking opportunities this interactive event is sure to be a unique learning experience for all.
Registration is open, so secure your place now! Full agenda of presentations will be shared in due course.
Dr. Manfred Galdes – Managing Director, ARQ Risk & Compliance
Dr. Manfred Galdes is the Managing Director for Risk and Compliance at ARQ responsible for heading the AML and compliance practices. He has vast experience in regulating and supervising AML practices and financial crime within financial services. Dr. Manfred Galdes has helped draft laws on preventing money laundering and headed Malta’s first AML/CFT national risk assessment.
Pat Hinchin – Vice President – Product Management & Strategy | Accuity
Pat Hinchin has over 17 years’ experience working in product management for online information providers. He has spent the past eight of those within the compliance industry, managing a range of products across the spectrum of Governance, Risk and Compliance. Pat currently leads Accuity’s Firco Compliance Link and Bankers Almanac product propositions globally. These products help organisations to detect and understand the regulatory and reputational risk of doing business with customers and counterparties. Pat holds multiple qualifications in Information Systems and has recently completed a MBA.
You will also hear from our panel speakers:
- Roger Parkes, Global Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, Betway
- Joseph Cuschieri, Chairman, Malta Gaming Authority
- Michael Davis, Executive Vice President Chief Compliance Officer, FIMBANK
- Christian Farrugia, Director, ARQ Corporate
- Kari Pisani, Independent Consultant Financial Services
- Kenneth Farrugia, Chairman, Finance Malta
- Conrad Cassar Torregiani, Leader International Tax, Deloitte Malta
- Marcel Cassar, CEO/APS Bank
Westin Dragonara Resort