How do I log-in to Bankers Almanac UK Sort Codes?
Your unique username and password provide access to the site for the length of your subscription and should be kept for future reference.
What do I need to do on my first visit?
What do I need to do on subsequent visits?
On subsequent visits to sorting codes online the log-in process should be automatic, without the need to enter your username and password.
Please ensure that you click on the log-out button each time you have finished using sortingcodes.co.uk. Failure to do this may mean that you are unable to gain immediate access the next time you wish to log-in and conduct searches.
What do I do if I have problems logging in?
If you need help accessing the site, contact the Helpdesk on +44 1342 335962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I search Bankers Almanac UK Sort Codes?
The main search allows you to search for a sort code and validate an account number using modulus checking. To identify a sort code’s bank and branch, enter the six-digit sort code into the sort code field. You can use a wildcard (*) in place of up to two digits.
How do I perform modulus checking?
Adding an account number into the account number search field, alongside a sort code, will validate the account number using modulus checking rules.
What results will modulus checking display?
The validation can provide the following results:
- Valid account number structure. Passes the defined modulus check for the given financial institution.
- Account number does not pass the modulus check. The checksum found within the account number does not pass the modulus check for the given financial institution. You should confirm the details before proceeding.
- Modulus checking cannot be performed.. The financial institution has not made the modulus algorithm publicly known. This does not necessarily mean that the account number is invalid.
- Account number length is not valid. Please check the length. Account numbers are normally eight digits. If you provide fewer than six digits, you will be asked to correct your input.
- Account Number padded to correct length. If the account number you provide is six to seven digits long, it will be padded to the correct length with leading zeros.
How do I use the Institution Name Search?
Select a settlement member from the dropdown list or type an institution name. If you know which branch you need, add it to the branch title field.
Some institutions do not allocate sort codes to each physical branch office that they operate. If you cannot find the payment clearing information for a branch office, you should try conducting a search by institution name, leaving the the branch title field blank.
How do I search by SWIFT/BIC?
To search by SWIFT/BIC, simply enter the eight or 11-character code into the relevant field.